71st Annual Buffalo International Horse Show
September 13-17, 2017
The Buffalo International Horse Show is held each year to benefit our facility and our therapeutic riding program. Thanks to the support of our exhibitors and sponsors our facility is constantly improving. Over 600 lessons were given through our program in 2016.
The BIHS is a "AA" Rated Horse Show and is supported by the Syracuse PHA, Ohio PHA, and WPPHA.
The designation of a USEF Heritage Competition is reserved for competitions that have been in existence for 25 years or more, promoted and grown equestrian sport, and made contributions to the community outside the gates of the horse show by achieving, maintaining, and promoting the equestrian ideals of sportsmanship and competition. The BIHS is fortunate to be one of less than 20 horse shows nationally who holds this illustrious status.
Entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 950 Amherst Street Buffalo, NY, 14216.
At this time, we are unable to accept credit cards.
This year we will be running a full schedule from Wednesday through Sunday, with Hunter & Jumper Classics taking place both Friday & Saturday evenings.
Important Spectator Information:
- The daily time schedule will be available with the prize list.
- Admission to the horse show is FREE, with the exception of Friday and Saturday evenings after 5PM - Admission will then be $5.00/person - 100% of which benefits the Buffalo Therapeutic Riding Center.
- Breakfast and lunch will be available for purchase from our caterer throughout the day. Dinner will also be available on Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Parking is available on Amherst Street or behind the property on Great Arrow Drive. On the weekends, parking is available in the Tapestry Charter School parking lot.
- There is limited handicap access to seating - please call ahead if you need to make any special arrangements.
- The vendor area will be open during show hours, with many wonderful items available for purchase.
- Please leave dogs and strollers at home.
TENTATIVE TIMES FOR SPECTATORS
These are not definite times and the schedule is subject to change
Wednesday: 10AM - 2PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 2PM
Friday: 8 AM - 4 PM and 5PM to 7PM
Saturday: 8 AM - 4 PM and 6PM - 8PM
Sunday: 8 AM- 3 PM
Check out these great pictures from the
2015 Buffalo International Horse Show!